The Nevada Energy Code Circuit Rider is a collaboration between GOE and the Southwest Energy Efficiency Project (SWEEP), dedicated to educating the building industry on the practicality of the energy codes and standards.
The Energy Code Circuit Rider is a resource to the building industry in Nevada for energy codes and standards (IECC and ASHRAE 90.1) questions, code interpretations and code compliance strategies. The Circuit Rider can assist building departments, building officials, builders, design and construction professionals, HERS Raters, and BPI specialists with energy code assistance.
Assistance can include:
- Technical support for energy codes and standards via email and telephone
- Code interpretations, installation practices, and compliance and enforcement practices
- One-on-one training, in-person training (when available), virtual communications
- Resources for energy code compliance, code compliance practices, and other resources successfully deployed in other states and municipalities to support the energy code
- Conceptual code amendments such as electric vehicles, electrification and climate specific applications to the energy codes or standards