Direct Energy Assistance Loan
The Governor's Office of Energy Direct Energy Assistance Loan (DEAL) program is a benefit that provides State of Nevada employees an
interest-free loan for energy efficiency upgrades at their home. The loan is paid off via a
monthly payroll deduction. DEAL is the first known program of its kind offered by a public sector employer.
PLEASE NOTE: The Governor's Office of Energy is not accepting applications for this program. Under this pilot phase, applications will be accepted on a limited basis based on contractor availability. The Governor's Office of Energy encourages potential applicants to check the website on a regular basis for updated information.
Eligibility and Terms
To be eligible for a loan you must meet the following criteria:
- Active full-time employee, employed at least 12 months by the State of Nevada;
- Must be part of the Nevada Employee Action and Timekeeping System (NEATS);
- Must not owe debt to the State of Nevada;
- Must own your home;
- Must be an electric customer of NV Energy.
Once your application is accepted, a state-approved energy auditor will conduct an assessment of your home and recommend energy savings measures. Please see application for assessment cost details. After you select the appropriate measures, the contractor will perform the upgrades and receive payment from Nevada Housing Division. The maximum payback
length is 60 months. A loan of $1 – $3,000 has a monthly payment of $50;
loan of $3,001 – $6,000 has a monthly payment of $100. Employees who
are Veterans are eligible for a loan of up to $8,000, with a longer term.
How to Get Started
If you meet these requirements and are interested in the DEAL program, please fill out an application and submit that and the following documents electronically to email@example.com:
- Proof of home ownership, which can be located on the County Assessor's webpage of your appropriate county: Carson, Churchill, Douglas, Clark, Elko, Esmerelda, Eureka, Humboldt, Lander, Lyon, Mineral, Nye, Pershing, Storey, and Washoe. You can search for your record using the parcel number, name, or address. Print the page, scan it, and attach it with your application.
- Current NV Energy bill, as an attachment to your application.
- For the veteran's preference, confirmation of Veteran status (as defined by NRS 417.005) and submission of a DD214 or military ID card as an attachment. Please cross out the Social Security Number prior to sending.
You will receive an auto-confirmation message that your email has been received. Further instructions will come once your application has been reviewed.