Home Energy Retrofit Opportunities for Seniors (HEROS)
Energy Program Manager
How To Get Started
Contact the approved service provider agency in your area (there are four in the state, listed here). Please do not contact GOE or the Nevada Housing Division (NHD) directly, as services must be received through one of the service providers listed.
The Governor's Office of Energy has
partnered with Nevada Housing Division (NHD) to provide the Home Energy
Retrofit Opportunities for Seniors (HEROS) program. The program assists with
reducing energy costs for Nevada seniors by improving the energy efficiency of
their home. The program is provided at no cost to income qualified seniors who
own their own home.
GOE created the HEROS program and
provides funding to NHD to administer it through a network of non-profit service provider agencies throughout the state.
- Helps low-income seniors by making homes more
efficient, resulting in lower monthly energy costs for each household.
- Helps seniors live in healthier, safer homes.
- Weatherization diagnostic tests help identify dangerous
carbon monoxide levels.
- Improves home energy conservation, which is good for the
- Make home more comfortable thanks to better
distribution of temperature in the house.
- Seniors aged 60 years and older.
- Must be an NV Energy customer.
- Seniors who own and reside in their own homes.
- Seniors with income at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.